Gina Maria Weigel

Welcome to my Blog.

Just a bit about Me

I am formally from Auckland now living in Northland. I have completed a Diploma in visual arts. Love Rockabilly, Rock and Roll and Swing 1940's dance styles. I love fashions that cover all those syles as well and like to design & make clothes to suit.

Mangawhai

Mangawhai
2007-2008

Acrylic on canvas approx 1435 x 1250mm

This photo is a little over exposed on one side . A stylised painting of my family 10 acre block up at Mangawhai., -
land now sold and painting sold also.
This tryptich is the largest work I have done todate.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Pale Blue Dot - Carl Sagan

3 comments:

Heather Lister-Cook said...

Hi Helen, yes it certainly makes you think doesn't it ...
Keith is reading an interesting book at the moment called 'The Selfish Gene' by Richard Dawkins .... "Its vivid rendering of a gene's eye view of life, in lucid prose, gathered together the strands of thought about the nature of natural selection into a conceptual framework with far-reaching implications for our understanding of evolution"

Moira Marshall said...

Love the YouTube Helen, very thought provoking... from a very young age I have always found that deep thinking about the universe is very ''freaky'' it's difficult to get my head around.
Moira :-)

Gina-Maria said...

Hi Girls,
Heather - Mario & Damon are really familiar with Richard Dawkins. Mario has read alot of his stuff on the internet and loves his outlook.
I will check this book also,
Many thanks.
Moria I too have had a fascination with the Universe since a child, I couldn't help myself but put this clip on here.